Player registration now open, current draft order and rules announced.
Draft to air on ION from 8 to 10 p.m. ET, streaming on ION Plus all night until conclusion.
NEW YORK (November 21, 2023) – The National Women’s Soccer League announced today that the 2024 NWSL Draft, presented by Ally, will take place Friday, January 12 at 8 p.m. ET during the United Soccer Coaches Convention at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The league has also opened player registration for the NWSL Draft.
Interested players can access the online registration form here.
In order to be eligible for the 2024 NWSL Draft, presented by Ally, a player must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States; or
- Be a foreign national who is currently or was enrolled at a college/university in the United States during the 2023-24 academic year; or
- Be an individual who has exhausted, lost, or renounced their remaining collegiate eligibility during the 2023 calendar year, including high school graduates choosing to forego college eligibility; and
- Be at least 18 years old on or before December 31, 2023; and
- Not be under a current professional contract, nor have previously signed a contract to play soccer professionally; and
- Players must register for the 2024 NWSL Draft by 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, January 8, 2024
For the full list of draft rules and procedures, please click here.
Players who register for the draft but are not selected will become discovery eligible on the day following the 2024 NWSL Draft.
The league’s current draft order can be viewed here.
Live coverage of the 2024 NWSL Draft, presented by Ally, will be televised on ION from 8 to 10 p.m. ET. All rounds of the draft will be streamed on ION Plus.
Viewers can find access to ION in their area by visiting https://iontelevision.com/find-us.
Additional details regarding the 2024 NWSL Draft, presented by Ally, will be announced in the coming weeks.